Blue Ocean Robotics – a Robot Venture Factory in Odense, Denmark – develops, produces and sells professional service robots primarily in healthcare, hospitality, construction and agriculture. The portfolio of robots includes such brands as:
-GoBe Robots, a mobile telepresence robot for communication and social inclusion for e.g vulnerable persons. It heavily reduces CO2 emissions through reduced transportation, it reduces infection spread by enabling people to connect from remote locations and work together.
-UVD Robots, a mobile robot for disinfection, which saves lives in hospitals, Care Homes, schools, retail stores, airports and many more places by preventing infections from spreading.
-PTR Robots, a mobile robot for safe patient handling and rehabilitation; as well as others. The robot enable caretakers to do safe patient handling and rehabilitation of patients with stroke and similar types of paralysis.
Blue Ocean Robotics develops the robots from problem, idea and design to development, commercialization, and all the way to exit. Each robot is moved into its own subsidiary-venture company, making Blue Ocean Robotics the world’s first Robot Venture Factory. Blue Ocean Robotics supplies all our venture companies, who are selling the service robots, with high quality robots on-time in a volume that is scaling dramatically. Among other things, Blue Ocean Robotics has won one of the robot industry’s most prestigious international awards, the IERA Award 2019.
We make robots for humans enabling people around the world to do their job with better health and safety while also improving their productivity, skills and eventually their quality-of-life.
We are proud to be serving humanity through our portfolio of robots.
As a Full Stack deployment & diagnostic Software developer, you will be placed in one of our cross-cutting teams with responsibility for developing state of the art deployment and maintenance structures for all of our different robot platforms.
The ideal candidate.
You should be able to work in a team of people with various backgrounds and cultures. You are able and willing to work with the team to ensure the best possible solutions.
The responsibilities of this position are:
- Implement strong and solid deployment- and diagnostics mechanisms in the software stack on the robot
- Keeping and/or raising the code quality, by ensuring the usage of best practices and well proven patterns
You must have:
- Relevant technical education (eg. Bachelor or Master of Computer Science).
- Longer working experience with programming. We use C++, node.js
- Proficient in Linux and scripting
- Experience with different design- and deployment patterns
- Proficient English, as this is the working language
- An opinion on various software concepts and patterns, as for instance the SOLID principles, TDD, BDD and Clean code.
Additionally, it would be an advantage if you:
- Have knowledge of vernemq, ionic, electron and the mqtt protocol.
- Have experience with robotics or automation
- Experience with Robot Development Frameworks e.g. ROS/ROS2
- Have worked in a product development environment
- Have experience with maintaining and continued development on a continuously evolving product
In order to strive under these conditions, the candidate must be:
- Interfacing and relating to team members and experts in the company.
- Able to start on conceptual level and from there identify and ensure realization of relevant infrastructure parts
- Able to collaborate with professionals from all robotics areas
- Able to deliver in an Agile environment
What we offer.
In Blue Ocean Robotics we develop and commercialize robots. The development of our robots is based on our RoBi-X model, where Blue Ocean Robotics has the management of robot technology and the design of robots in collaboration with strong partners in the market.
Blue Ocean Robotics is an efficient innovation factory that continues to conquer new robot territory with service robots for the healthcare, hospitality, construction and agriculture industries. Recognizing the strength of Blue Ocean Robotics’ business model and success, a powerhouse team of investors have injected DKK 80M (nearly $12M USD) into the company in 2019 .With a doubling of the company value in just one year, Blue Ocean Robotics is now worth 800 million DKK (nearly $120M USD).
Unlike most other companies in the Odense robot hub, Blue Ocean Robotics focuses on more than one product, with a range of service robot products for widely varying industries such as healthcare, hospitality, construction and agriculture. The Blue Ocean Robotics “robot venture factory” concept is that new robot concepts are developed in the parent company and then placed into subsidiaries, which in time are sold.
We are fast-paced, dynamic and have a flexible organization. We have monthly social events, Warrant Program for all full time employees, lunch arrangements, spouse network, Blue Ocean Robotics Academy, bicycle arrangements, language school, health insurance and of course PC and mobile phone are available. We also offer an Outplacement program for our international spouses.
We respect each other and our differences. We take pride in integrating international colleagues in cooperation with Odense Robotics and International Community Odense.
Want to know more about Blue Ocean Robotics please visit our website: www.blue-ocean-robotics.com. You can also follow us on Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that we only receive applications via upload of documents on our website.